FountainBlue connected with Israeli all-female angel firm NEOME in summer 2019, through introductions from its community. NEOME and FountainBlue conducted many strategic discussions about how to best collaborate and support entrepreneurship, leadership and innovation across genders, across industries, across countries and continents.
As an initial project, FountainBlue produced three events as part of their November 18-22 tour of Silicon Valley:
- A cradle-to-greatness panel, celebrating our vibrant ecosystem supporting women in tech and entrepreneurship scheduled for Wednesday Nov 20 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. @ TechLAB in Santa Clara;
- A femtech panel on hot game-changing technologies and leaders, scheduled for Thursday, Nov 21 from 5:30-8:00 p.m.; and
- A world-changing women panel, scheduled for Friday Nov 22 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. @ WeAct in Los Altos.
For bios, visit https://www.tikkl.com/fountainblue/c/worldchangers. To see notes from each NEOME program, visit http://fountainblue.blog/category/neome/.
- Wednesday, November 20, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Location: TechLAB Innovation Center, 2040 Martin, Santa Clara
- Supporting Women Cradle-to-Greatness, Silicon Valley Style
- Register as our guest by Friday, Nov 15 at 5 p.m. by visiting https://www.tikkl.com/fountainblue/c/worldchangers
The old adage is true – It does takes a village to raise a child. It’s also true that supporting women to rise to higher corporate and investment ranks takes a whole ecosystem of partners and leaders – to go from Cradle to Greatness!
The organizations featured on this panel represent supporting girls and women throughout the life cycle – from pre-school to school-aged, from new-grads to mid-career and beyond. Each organization and leader on this panel focuses on providing the education, community, connection and support needed to help women reach for and accomplish more – an ecosystem approach that’s uniquely Silicon Valley.
- Facilitator Linda Holroyd, CEO, FountainBlue; Director, Vonzos Partners; Managing Director, TechLAB
- Panelist Gargi (Nalawade) Adhav, Leading next-gen initiatives at Google Cloud
- Panelist Serpil Bayraktar, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco; Global Chair for Women in Tech (WIT) @ Cisco
- Panelist Rika Nakazawa, Founder and CEO, BoardSeatMeet, Inc
- Panelist Ronit Polak, VP Quality Assurance, Palo Alto Networks and co-founder and board chair, High Tech, High Heels
featuring Presenting Entrepreneurs, 3 minute presentation, 3 minute Q&A
- Heather Potters, cofounder, PharmaJet
- Alexis Snelling, Founder and CEO, Life Cafe
- Chen Yahva-Levanon, CEO, MyKumbaya
with welcoming remarks by Sara Rauchwerger, TechLAB Managing Director and
closing remarks by Inbal Polak, Co-founder and CIO of NEOME Women Investing Club
Thursday, November 21, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
Location: Fenwick and West, 600 Castro Street, Mountain View
For bios, visit https://www.tikkl.com/fountainblue/c/worldchangers
For notes, see http://fountainblue.blog/2019/11/25/femtech.
Feminine health issues around everything from fertility to menstruation, from reproductive health to sexual wellness have arisen over the centuries. But in this age of information, the solutions involve integrated software and devices solutions which provide diagnostic and even curative support for female patients.
Our panel of activists and investors will profile the opportunities and challenges around FemTech and make predictions on what’s working now, what will work in the near future, plus advise us on how we can better collaborate to anticipate and address market needs.
To wrap up the panel discussion, we will also profile several emerging femtech entrepreneurs for three minute presentations with three minutes of Q&A.
- Facilitator Linda Holroyd, CEO, FountainBlue
- Panelist Reenita Das, SVP Healthcare, Frost and Sullivan
- Panelist Anula Jayasuriya, Founder and Managing Director, EXXclaim Capital
- Panelist Dr. Mitzi Krockover, Managing Director and Co-Chair Health Sector Committee, Golden Seed
- Panelist Nola E Masterson, Board Member, Professor, and Lead Investor in Portfolia FemTech Fund
- Panelist Einat Meisel, Partner, Head of Israel Practice, Fenwick & West
- with Keynote by Reenita Das, SVP Healthcare, Frost and Sullivan
- Robert A. Feldman PhD, President and CEO, Prime Genomics, Inc
- Tracy MacNeal, President & CEO, Materna Medical
- Greta Meyer, co-founder and CEO, Tempo
- Claire Thomas, Founder and CEO, Tua Fertility
- Soody Tronson, Founder and CEO, Presque
- Friday, November 22, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Location: WeAct Ventures, LP, 153 2nd Street, Los Altos
- Celebrate: Women Who Are Changing the World
- See bios at https://www.tikkl.com/fountainblue/c/worldchangers
- See notes at http://fountainblue.blog/2019/11/25/worldchangers.
There are women entrepreneurs and innovators today who are changing the world – doing well (financially and sustainably), while also doing good (improving the lives of millions of people directly and indirectly).
They come from varied backgrounds and represent a wide range of industries. Hear their stories and help them spread the word and the impact.
- Facilitator Linda Holroyd, CEO, FountainBlue
- Panelist Stephanie Cherrin, Head of US Venture Investing, Porsche Digital
- Panelist Susan Lucas-Conwell, Executive Vice President, CSIRO US; Board Of Directors, Women in Sports Tech, Inc.; StartX Mentor
- Panelist Gayathri Radhakrishnan, Head of AI Investment Micron; Member of Class 16, Kaufman Fellows; Member, Portfolia and SV2
- Panelist Jennifer Miller, General Counsel, Loon – an Alphabet Moonshot Company
- Panelist Darya Henig Shaked, Founding Partner, WeAct Ventures, LP
- with opening remarks from Darya Henig Shaked, Founding Partner, WeAct Ventures, LP
- and closing remarks from Orit Alperovitz, Co-Founder and CEO, NEOME-The Women Investing Club
For more information about the FountainBlue-NEOME partnership, or about joining the NEOME group as an active Israeli tech woman angel investor, or about joining FountainBlue’s events and programs, visit us at email@example.com.